Sunday, October 12, 2014

NSR150SP - Tyres - Pirelli Sport Demon

This is the boring bit about the Tyres I put on the NSR.

I went up one Size from OEM on the Front and on the Rear.
(F 90/80-17,  R 120/80-17)

I bought a matching set of Pirelli Sport Demon tyres.
From Western Motorcycles - Penrith - for about $250 Aud for the Pair.
I think a very good price.

The Front is a 100/80/-17.







The Rear is a 130/70-17.







In going up one size, I maintained the correct ratio and profile.
So, gearing is still good, and the speedo reading accurate.

I think these Tyres look a little better and fuller on the Rims.
They look good.
And more importantly they Feel good.

I rode the Bike with the original Tyres, and these don't feel so flighty.
Having a slightly flatter wider profile helps the handling.
They feel quite stable, and they change direction precisely.
And the compound feels grippy through corners.

Normally I like Michelin and Dunlops, and use them on my heavier Bikes.
However, I am very happy with these.
A very good Pirelli Tyre.


**************************************************************************

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for providing great information through this article. If you are seeking for truck tyre shop near Penrith? Get in touch with Metro Tyre Services. We provide you the best quality tyres for your vehicles.

    tyres penrith
    tyres Liverpool

    ReplyDelete