Monday, October 13, 2014

NSR150SP - Battery, Plugs and Airbox

Just showing good Part replacement options for the NSR150SP.

Battery is a SSB Powersport High Performance V-Spec Maintenance free.
It puts out 85CCA when the standard battery puts out 40CCA.
It was only $45 Aud.
The bike kicks starts pretty easily.
It should be a better battery option, and hope it lasts.



Note: The battery below is the Ultalight Lithium battery I bought for my ZZR1100D7.
          It has a charge life of 6-12months and suits my infrequent riding on the ZZR.
          It is also very very light. It almost feels empty.
          I think it has a 330CCA rating, when the standard for the ZZR1100 is 180CCA.
          Starts first time.


The shop is in Melbourne - Australia.
Steve at Online Racing Spares - Moorabbin - Victoria.
(see eBay or contact Direct)
Great Service and Information.
Thanks.


Plugs:

As usual I like using NGK plugs.
I chose an Iridium option for the NSR.
They say it can last 60,000kms before replacement.
The tip is supposed to be extremely hardwearing and no fouling.
From what I read the research NGK has put into this plug is worth trying.

Maybe the plug I took out was a bit dirty, or could have been the original, I am not sure, but I noticed the bike went much better with the Iridium plug in it.
I did however have a new K&N Air filter changed at the same time.
So, hard to distinguish what made the difference, but certainly both changes lead to a much crisper bike, and no issues through the revs.

The correct replacement option is the BR9EIX.

I bought 6 of these on Amazon for $43 Aud.
That is the best option for NGK plugs.
You can pay $22 Aud each in Australia.
Sorry to retailers, but I dont understand why ???
Thanks Amazon.



AirBox:

I chose another K&N Air Filter for the NSR.
I like the quality of the K&N products.
They fit, and they are a lifetime product.
Made extremely well, for performance, and durability.

The correct replacement part for the NSR150SP is the K&N HA-1598 Air Filter.


The below picture you simply replace the basic thin foam filter with the K&N replacement.


Again I bought this through Amazon for $42 Aud.

In Australia the retailers charge over $90 Aud for this filter.
They almost never have stock available, and I have contacted K&N direct here in Australia
 at Silverwater (I think) and was told special orders could be placed at a 'cost'.
So... Amazon is a cheap, reliable, and far superior option for purchase.



****************************************************************************

2 comments:

  1. The titanium easy flux 125 amp welder
    The titanium easy flux 125 amp welder is the perfect apple watch titanium example for oakley titanium glasses the unique stainless steel base that price of titanium we've seen tested before and ford fusion titanium for sale used in titanium shift knob a

    ReplyDelete